Water Pooling At The End Of The Driveway? BRIDJIT!
Rolled curbs can be a big problem. For instance, rolled curbs can cause:
Here’s another problem that’s not discussed as much as the others above: water pooling at the end of the driveway.
How Do Rolled Curbs Cause Water To Pool At The End Of The Driveway?
Pooling water is common with curbs. It’s because the curb design creates a low point that doesn’t quite allow water to go anywhere. The low spot is due to an irregular part of the unpaved road base that the equipment rides on as the curbing is laid out along the side of the road. Many owners of rolled curbs are quite frustrated by this problem. It’s because they have to drive through dirty and stagnant water when they enter their driveway. This creates a couple of problems:
- This gets their car muddy and dirty
- This tracks mud and dirt into their garage
If you’re dealing with this problem and you’re frustrated by it, we have an easy solution for you.
A BRIDJIT Curb Ramp Serves As A Bridge Over The Standing Water
A BRIDJIT curb ramp is made of recycled rubber. It’s the ideal way to combat the water puddle at the end of your driveway because:
- It comes with a full-length waterway underneath. It allows water to flow under the curb ramp. This prevents the water puddle from getting bigger and fully submerging the ramp.
- It doesn’t need to be bolted to the concrete curb. It’s heavy and if you enter and exit correctly, it moves very little.
- It’s waterproof because it’s made from rubber. That means it can be exposed to water indefinitely without degrading.
We designed BRIDJIT curb ramps to prevent the damage to your vehicle caused by rolled curbs. Users of BRIDJIT curb ramps quickly found another upside to the curb ramp. It also keeps your car and garage clean by serving as a bridge over the standing water. Now, many of our customers buy BRIDJIT curb ramps only to avoid driving through the water that pools at the end of their driveway.