Why You Need A Ramp For Your Toy Hauler
Do you have a trailer or RV for your toys – a toy hauler? Do you have a rolled curb at the end of your driveway? If your answer to both questions is yes, then a curb ramp will be one of the best investments you’ll ever make.
A Curb Ramp Will Be Much Easier On Your Toy Hauler
Did you know that rolled curbs speed up wear and tear on your toy hauler (as well as your vehicle)? For example:
- Rolled curbs can knock the wheel alignment out of spec
- Rolled curbs can wear out parts of the suspension system
- Rolled curbs can scrape against the underside of your trailer
Rolled curbs are actually worse on your trailer than your vehicle. It’s because toy haulers – especially full ones – are heavier. Toy haulers are also longer than cars. That means maneuvering a toy trailer over a rolled curb can be quite tricky.
Rolled curbs are already pretty bad for cars. They’re much worse for toy haulers. So if you have a toy-hauling RV, a curb ramp is pretty much a necessity.
The Right Curb Ramp Matters
We’ve established that curb ramps are great for toy trailers. Before you go out and buy any old curb ramp, let’s talk about why the right curb ramp matters.
There are a few different types of curb ramps:
- Concrete curb ramps
- Asphalt curb ramps
- Plastic curb ramps
- Rubber curb ramps
- Wooden curb ramps
- Steel curb ramps
All these curb ramps serve the same purpose. It’s to help ease your toy-hauling RV or trailer over your rolled curb. Yet, not all curb ramps can do the job right. For example:
- Steel curb ramps will rust over time
- Asphalt and concrete curb ramps will corrode or break down sooner or later
- Plastic curb ramps can’t support the weight of a toy trailer
- Don’t break or corrode over time
- Can support a lot of weight without collapsing
- Can stay put for a long time
Yet, not all rubber curb ramps are created equal. Some brands produce low quality rubber curb ramps. If you’re looking for a high quality rubber curb ramp, check out BRIDJIT.
BRIDJIT Is The Ultimate Curb Ramp Brand
You would be hard-pressed to find a better brand than BRIDJIT. Made out of recycled tires, all BRIDJIT curb ramps:
- Come in sections that are to be bolted together
- Are ramp heavy enough to stay put after a lot of use (after being bolted together)
- Are easy to install
- Come with a channel for water to flow underneath
- Are wide enough to fit the full width of the driveway